Saturday, May 22, 2010

First of Many Trips up the Canyon

Thank goodness for canyons, family and dutch oven tator tots. Last weekend Ryan and I took Curtis & Kelsey and Laura & Bryce (next time, Brad, you should skip your swim stuff, find a date and come with us! Next time, Lisa, you and Ben should not go on vacation and come with us!) up the canyon near our home for hobo dinners, s'mores and our favorite dutch oven recipe of tator tots, bacon, onions and lots and lots of butter and bacon grease. Yum!

We brought Evan up for the last couple hours and he loved looking around at everything, especially the trees. And he loved the sound of the stream next to our camp spot. He wasn't a fan of the cold, though, and he didn't sleep very well even when I covered him completely with a blanket. Next time I want to put him in the Baby Bjorn and go for a hike. I think he might like that.


Evan loved loved loved the mittens. I think he thought they were a new toy to chew on. Problem is, they were slobbered up within minutes and soaking wet, effectively making his hands colder instead of warmer.


My little sleepy head doing what he does best.


Love the hat Ryan bought for me.


I'm sure we'll get many more pictures of the boys out camping... starting this summer!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

He's getting so big. Can't wait to see the little squirt in a couple weeks!