On April 27, 2010 we celebrated our 3rd anniversary of marriage.
We braved the wind storm of the century to celebrate at the Texas Roadhouse (our favorite) and by watching Date Night (pretty funny). Thanks to the Lustys for entertaining Evan with endless rounds of Zippity Doo Dah while we were gone.
I curled my hair for the first time in years, but you can see that the wind had them completely undone by the end of the night. Sigh.
This year has been one of the best and one of the hardest either of us have been through. Here's a couple of stats:
- I've spent 3/4 of the year pregnant.
- I spent half of that on bedrest
- I spent 1/4 of that in the hospital
- We spent the rest of the year learning how to take care of a newborn
- Between that and the overactive pregnancy bladder, I haven't had a single full night's sleep all year
- Ryan waited on me hand and foot, doing all the cooking and cleaning for months (except for what our parents and neighbors contributed.)
- I've gained 25 pounds and lost 35
- Boys now outnumber the girls in this house
- We went from putting 350 miles on our car per week to about 35 per week
- We blew our savings on hospital bills, but I was able to keep working through everything so we didn't go in debt.
- The furthest I went from home was to St. George to visit Kathryn. The furthest Ryan went from home was Lexington, KY.
- We discovered the best invention ever: steam-in-the-bag-in-the-microwave-broccoli.
- And of course, the best and biggest highlight of the year is that Evan joined our family. He's our little miracle.
I do have to say, I'm glad 2009 is over!
Here's some more pictures of our almost-4-month-old. He's stinkin cute and getting oh-so-fat.
Ryan was nice enough to get up with him last night when he just wouldn't go back to sleep. They both crashed just before it was time to leave for church.
I finally finished painting this shelf for Evan's room. He likes it. Wouldn't you?
Ready for church again a week ago. BTW, what is it about his Sunday best clothes that garauntee a major blowout? Every. Single. Week?
Another one with his dad. I've said it before. I'll say it again. Both of my boys are cute!

1 comment:
finally a post! ;) What a cutie...he is NOT getting fat...keep feeding him! And fyi steamed broccoli in the bag is disgusting...you gotta get the fresh florets from costco and steam it in the pan...now THAT's some good broccoli. Happy anniversary...you still owe me! ;) kiss the baby for me!
Post a Comment